Pet Sales Contract and Agreement
1) The Buyer agrees to take this puppy to a licensed Veterinarian of their choice within 72 hours of purchase date for an examination. A copy of the exam must be mailed to the Seller post marked within 10 days of purchase. This is Mandatory to start your (1) one year guarantee. If the Buyer’s Veterinarian (within the first 72 hours of purchase) finds this puppy to be in ill health due to disease or genetic defect (not for injury or mishandling), the cause of which is clearly attributable to the Seller, the puppy may, upon signed written diagnosis from said Veterinarian, be returned for full refund of the purchasing price. The Buyer is responsible for all Veterinarian and transport expenses. No full refund after the 72 hour period of time.
2) The Seller guarantees this puppy for (1) one year against genetic life threatening defects limited to heart, liver, kidney and lungs ONLY. If this puppy during (1) one year from date of purchase is found to have a genetic life threatening defect, the Buyer agrees to send ALL paperwork signed by the licensed Veterinarian to the Seller immediately, so the Seller may give to their own Veterinarian to review. The Veterinarian of the Seller must agree to the diagnosis of this puppy. If a complete agreement is determined, the Seller will offer the Buyer the option of either: A) Another puppy of equal or greater value (when available) at no cost to the Buyer - OR B) A refund paid to the Buyer of 50% of the original purchase price of this puppy. The Seller will give the Buyer the choice of keeping this puppy (since returning a puppy once attached is very hard) regardless of which option the Buyer chooses listed above. If the Buyer returns the original puppy, all health records and registration papers but be given to the Seller as well. The Buyer is responsible for all transport costs of replacement and/or original puppy. If death should occur with this puppy within the first year of age, the Buyer agrees to have an autopsy performed (at the Buyers expense) and complete written documentation from a licensed Veterinarian sent to the Seller immediately stating the cause of death. If confirmed that cause of death was due to a genetic defect (heart, liver, kidney and lungs only) the Buyer will be given same options as noted above A or B. Again both Veterinarians of the Buyer and Seller must agree to the cause of death.
3) The Seller guarantees this puppy to be of sound health and temperament at the time of this sale. A health record of all shots and wormings will be provided by the Seller. The Buyer is responsible to continue with vaccinations for this puppy until they are complete (usually sixteen weeks of age). It is necessary for the Buyer to complete scheduled series of vaccinations and health examinations ON TIME, in order to protect this puppy and for this health guarantee to remain valid. The Seller does not guarantee such conditions as Luxating Patella, Hypoglycemia, Hernias, Parvo, Kennel Cough, Giardia, Coccidia. Such conditions can occur due to injury, mishandling, lack of healthcare, daily environment puppy is maintained and due to the Yorkshire Terrier being a toy breed. The Seller strongly suggests that the Buyer should not allow this puppy exposed to areas as the ground outside, public floors such as Veterinarians office, pet stores etc, until this puppy has received all vaccinations required. The suggestion is to help protect this puppy from contacting an illness from another animal.
4) The Buyer agrees to provide to this puppy a life-long commitment, comfortable environment, prompt medical attention, proper grooming and responsible care. This includes keeping this puppy parasite free and up to date with inoculations, proper nutrition, which consists of a good quality professional feed given at regular intervals and fresh water available at all times. They Buyer promises to provide a safe environment for this puppy and never allow him/her to roam freely without proper fencing or supervision.
5) The Buyer agrees if at any time they can no longer retain possession of this puppy, the Seller is to be notified and given FIRST OPTION of resuming full ownership at a price to be mutually agreed upon by both parties. This would take in consideration the costs incurred by the Seller in caring for this puppy and locating a new home. The puppy will be returned with the AKC papers and all medical records. The Buyer fully understands under no circumstances will this puppy be sold, leased, traded or given away to any pet shop, research laboratory, animal shelter or similar facility.
6)The Seller agrees that registration papers (AKC) will be given to the Buyer upon completion of purchasing this puppy. If for some reason the papers are still being processed, the Seller agrees to send to the Buyer immediately once received.
7) The Seller does not guarantee the size or color for this puppy. The Seller can only use the Sire and Dam of this puppy as a reference. Photos of the Sire and Dam are available upon request. The Buyer may also view these parents in the Sellers home.
8) The Buyer completely understands at the time of sale that this is a pet quality puppy only and is a representative of its breed. The preceding paragraphs contain conditions established to ensure the well being of this puppy. Buyer agrees that he/she understands this contract and accepts full responsibility for the health and welfare of this puppy.